WHAT SEPARATES SWIMSUIT FROM FITNESS MODELS
This is a very important question that needs clarification because athletes need to have a clear criteria on what the judges will be looking for the day they step on stage.
The major difference between a model and a fitness model is primarily determined by how lean the athlete is. There is no doubt a fine line between being too lean and not quite lean enough so next up we will go over the criteria in greater detail.
SWIMSUIT MODELS are to depict a picture of health to the general public however they must still have some athleticism about themselves.
Models are not expected to be lean and defined though they must still have a toned body and good figure. Models are judged on their physical appearance, beauty, body shape and tone, presentation, confidence, cat walk, stage presence and marketability. Depending on the number of competitors, this division may be split into height categories.
The Swimsuit Model Division comprises of four categories that are distinguished by age group. They are as follows:
- Swimsuit Mode Beginner- Competing for the very first time. for the first time competing ever.
- Swimsuit Model Open This is an Open Division to all ages (You can compete in Open until you place 1st)
- Swimsuit Model Under 35 years of age (On the day of the competition)
- Swimsuit Model 35 years of age and Over (On the day of the competition)
It is important to mention that two-piece swimsuits are required.
Bikini’s can be plain or embellished/crystals etc.
No G-Strings are not acceptable.
Competitors will do a T-Walk across the stage individually to pre-selected music by the ANB Promoter.
Athletes will do 3 individual poses of choice at each point marked on the stage.
The idea is to look as though your having fun with each round displaying a bit of your personality.
After completing your T-walk you will line up at the Enter point again until each competitor has finished.
Once all competitors are finished you will go back on the stage for your quarter turn comparisons.
Note: No moves of any sexual or erotic nature will be tolerated.
STEP BY STEP T- WALK INSTRUCTIONS
- Enter the stage and walk directly to the middle rear of the stage and pose at point 1.
- After posing at point 1. walk to the front middle of the stage and pose at point 2.
- Following point 2, keep to the front of the stage and walk to the (left) end of the stage and pose at point 3.
- Then walk in the same line to the opposite side of the stage (right) and pose at point 4.
(Note: You are still being judged while you waiting here in your line-up so please ensure you continue to pose)
SWIMSUIT MODEL JUDGING CRITERIA
- Body shape and condition and overall beauty 50%
Our expert panel will be looking for fit, feminine contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with overall condition and beauty. Keep in mind this is not a bodybuilding or figure contest, so extreme muscularity and definition will be negatively scored.
- Poise, posture, catwalk and Apparel presentation (including hair makeup and smile) 50%
Our expert panel will be looking for contestants who have great stage presence and a very marketable look for modelling.
PLEASE NOTE: SWIMSUIT MODELS CANNOT ENTER BODY BUILDING DIVISIONS.